Monday, November 24, 2008

stuff i want to read over christmas break

These are in Order


-I never had the time to finish it, so I'm going to reread it!
Hot Russian adultery at it's best


-I bought this because of that recomendation from JK Rowling and it has a cool first line:
"I write this sitting in the kitchen sink"
The narrator is a seventeen year old girl, living with her family in a castle, who wants to become a writer.
-Apparently this is really artsy fartsy, and critics say it reshapped American Literature. whatever, we will see.


I mean if you know me, I love The Catcher in the Rye. I mean I probably will name my kid Holden. And I have heard people say that this is even better. That's hard to consider but we will see!

1 comment:

Cameron said...

I plan on one day reading Anna Karenina - I own it you know, but I'm just not ready yet. I also own I Capture the Castle. A girl I knew in high school said it was her favorite book and you would have liked her. She was like us so I trust her that it's probably fabulous. I've been wanting to read Naked Lunch for a while now, too - for the same reason you said. Everyone acts like it's a big deal, so I feel like I should at least have an opinion on it. And I can't believe neither of us has ever read Franny and Zooey! Eliot read it in high school and really liked it and I've always wanted to read it sometime.

Hmmm let me know what you think of all of them!! I've got a list going, and half of them aren't even things I'm super crazy about reading, but I borrowed all of them from other people so I feel like I need to finish them and give them back! Actually one of them is yours (Candy Girl) but I'm actually really excited about reading that one.

Wow way to ramble, Cam. I'm just so excited that you're blogging again!