Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Breaking Dawn- Book Review


Well. I purchased the book at 12:01 am on Friday and finished it at 4 pm on Sunday. Despite that, I was a little disappointed. The first book was a delicious guilty pleasure. The next two were enjoyable for sure. This one seemed a little cheap. I felt the same way about the last Harry Potter, but at least JK Rowling had some B list character's dying. I mean Hedwig, Mad Eye, one of the twins... all that was sad. Mrs. Weasley called Ms. Lestrang a bitch. Big fight scene. Everything was memorable. LITERALLY nothing too exciting happened in Breaking Dawn. Bella became a vampire like we all knew she would, she had sex with Edward, AND manages to get a baby out of it, which no one knew was possible. Even Jacob imprinted and Bella wont have to worry about not being able to be his friend anymore. A little cheesy if you ask me. Nothing was left out of order, and everyone got their happy ending. There was a huge battle that wasn't even fought, and the only character that died was one that I don't even remember from the previous three. All in all... I still read it in three days. I still enjoyed reading it... but I'm going to have to give it a B-. It just left a bad taste in my mouth as a wrap up to a series.

final remark: worth the read, but don't have super high hopes.

2 comments:

Cameron said...

i feel like its the best you could expect from a mormon housewife from utah.

although that sounded very judgmental, i just meant that they tend to be really conservative and she wrapped it up as such.

i like happy endings, so it was okay with it. but i also am just giddy at the thought of edward and bella so i would have probably been okay with anything as long as they ended up together.

even though bella gets on my nerves. i did think it rocked when she expanded that shield and stuff. yay.

Emily said...

I agree that there might have been more death in it- or some kind of crazy twist that didn't just leave you happy BUT I would not say it was because the author is mormon. I think the description (and even lack there of) of sex is hot. and no mormon housewife from utah should be writing about hot sex (even if they did wait till marriage) for pre teens to read about (and us hehe)